
News
Fabrizio Romano says Wolves forward target set for £26m move elsewhere
Wolverhampton Wanderers have been linked with Hugo Ekitike in recent weeks.
Earlier this month, Wolves were named by as suitors for the Paris Saint-Germain forward.
However, according to Fabrizio Romano, the Molineux club is now set to miss out on Ekitike as he looks to be heading elsewhere.
ಌThe transfer insider, taking to on Thursday afternoon, declared “here we go” on Ekitike to Eintracht Frankfurt.
♒Romano said that an agreement is in place for a loan move with an obligation to buy for €30million, or around £26million.
Wolves set to miss out on Hugo Ekitike as Eintracht Frankfurt edge closer to move
♊Wolves are said to be in search of a new striker and have been linked with a number of forwards over the past few weeks.
꧋The Molineux outfit has been linked with a number of forwards over the past few weeks, including the likes of Ekitike, Danny Ings and Armando Broja.
🐈However, Gary O’Neil recently admitted, as per the , that Wolves are having to be cautious in the market due to FFP restrictions.
♒With just a few hours remaining in the January transfer window, there isn’t much time for Wanderers to get a deal for a new forward over the line.
🐽Sadly, it doesn’t look as though Ekitike will be in contention any more as he prepares to join the Bundesliga’s sixth-placed side.
Lauded as an ‘amazing talent🎐’ by French football expert Julien Laurens, it’s clear that Ekitike remains one of the most exciting talents around.
𒆙While it’s a shame that Wolves look set to miss out on him, it’s good that he finally gets to escape PSG and improve his chances of first-team football.