LIVE
...

Follow us on

Exclusives

What the Saudi Pro League is now planning to do with Jhon Duran as Aston Villa demand at least £80million

TBR Football can exclusively confirm what the Saudi Pro League is now planning to do with Jhon Duran in wake of Aston Villa placing an £80million price tag on the striker.

Jhon Duran has burst onto the scene at Aston Villa this season, clocking up 12 goals in 28 appearances including seven in the Premier League and three in the Champions League.

The 21-year-old’s form has led to interest from the♛ Saudi Pro League, alon𝓡g with Premier League rivals West Ham United.

And though Villa are keen to keep hold oꦆf Duran, the Saudi Pro League is especially eager to get their hands on the Colombia international.

Photo by Joe Prior/Visionhaus via Getty Images
Photo by Joe Prior/Visionhaus via Getty Images

READ MORE: Borussia Dortmund 💃fans deliver Donyell Malen verdict ꦫafter he agrees £22m move to Aston Villa

Saudi Pro League encouraged by Jhon Duran stance with Al-Nassr likeliest destination for Aston Villa star

TBR Football chief correspondent Graeme Bailey can confirm that th⛎e Saudi Pro League have received encouragement to make a bid for Duran but it would take a Saudi Arabian record to land him.

Duran, although signing a new contract with the club earlier this season, is understood t🧔o have maintained a frustration at not being first choice at Villa Park.

As such Duran has attracted bids this summer with Paris Saint🐭-Germain and West Ham both seeing offers rejected.

Villa have been open to a deal on Duran, in theory, if their asking price of £80million-plus was met, and no European side has been willing toꦉ meet that.

However, the 🌳Pro League – who are planning a major recruitm🏅ent drive this summer – have been informed that Duran would be willing to move to the Middle East and they have been encouraged from the player’s side to make an offer.

With that, the𝔍 Pro League have held talks about the 21-year-old, who could be added to the league as an Under-21 player.

As it stands both Al-Ittihad and Al-Ahli have room, but we are told that Cristiano Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr are the likely landing spot for Duran and they would make room ♈if required.

To land Duran for £80million would mean a record deal for the league with their previous record paymen🍷t being for Neymar – when he moved for £77million in 2023.

Villa sources insist that they do not want to sell Duran this month as it would be increasingly diffic💮ul🎃t to replace him should he leave and they do not want to leave themselves short considering they have made it through the league phase of the Champions League.

What Villa have planned for rest of January transfer window

Villa, who were busy in the summer transfer window, have als🐻o been active in the January market.

Villa swooped for Donyell Malen from Borussia Dortmund earlier this month before signing Andres Garcia from Levante.

Aston Villa have also been busy on the outgoings front, selling Diego Carlos to Fenerbahce as Duran continues to be linked with a move away.

Unai Emery has told the club’s media team that Villa are open to making more new signings, particularly since Carlos has left B6 and needs to be r♌eplacಌed.

The Villans boss even hinted that there could be transfer activity right until the transf🥂er deadline at 11pm on Monday 3 February.

“We are open to t🦂rying to improve the squad until the last moment, and as well, we are open in case someone is leaving,” said Emery.

“Of course, Diego Carlos﷽ left in🔥 the last week, and we have to replace him, and of course we are as well focusing on which players could be potential players to replace Diego Carlos.”