
News
West Ham closing in on signing that Anton Ferdinand wanted last year
West Ham United are seemingly edging ever closer to the signing of Kalvin Phillips on loan for the rest of the season.
The Hammers struck a deal with Manchester City for Phillips earlier🐲 this weeꦡk. And according to , he’ll undergo a medical on Thursday.
The deal will also include the option꧋ to make the move permanent in the summer, though talks over a potential fee are said to be𝄹 ongoing.
Phillips is sai🃏d to have been 🦂a long-term target for West Ham boss David Moyes. The report says the Hammers failed with a £50million bid to sign the player from Leeds in January 2022.
Now, after a difficult spell at the Etihad Stadium, the 28-year-old looks set to finally link up with West Ham and bolster their ranks, until the summer at leaඣst.

West Ham cult hero Anton Ferdinand deems Kalvin Phillips a ‘fantastic’ player
Moyes isn’t the o🧸nly Hammers man who wanted Phillips. Last summer, West Ham cult hero Anton Ferdinand said at the time that he’d love to see the England international in claret and blue.
Speaking on the before Declan Rice joined Arsenal, Ferdinand suggested Phillips 🔥would’ve been a good replacement for the now former Hammers captai𒀰n.
“We obviously need to bring in someone that will replace Dec if he goes.💛 Kalvin Phillips, I’🎃d take. I’d want him at my club. I’m being realistic,” said Ferdinand.
“He’s at the ♉best club, not just in England, but in the world right now. When💝 he was at Leeds, he was fantastic. I think the reason why he’s had injuries is because he isn’t playing.
“He gets a good pre-season under his beꦗlt and playing games properly, I think he’ll be fine. But you can’t♑ question his ability and what he’s done when playing.”
If everything proceeds as it should, Ferdinand will soon be getting his wish, and West Ham will be getting a superb midfielder to bolster their already solid ranks in the middle of the par🅺k.