
Newcastle United have been pushing to sign Marc Guehi from Crystal Palace for weeks now and it looks like a conclusion is near.
The Palace defender is Newcastle’s top target at centre-back and there had been suggestions going into the weekend that Guehi would be a Newcastle player by Friday.
However, nothing has really happened since those suggestions and Newcastle 🌺fans have been getting a tad nervy.
- READ MORE: Newcastle have opened talks to sign ‘outstanding’ £🐎30m player aheꦆad of Friday’s transfer deadline
Further, Liverpool are also interested in Guehi so any move from Newcastle needs to 🤡be concluded ASAP.
But in what l꧑ooks like a positive twist for the Magpies on this Monday night, it appears they are now edging closer to signing Guehi after all.

Newcastle close to signing Marc Guehi with bid expected to be accepted
As we know, Steve Parish has🐟 held firm so far in his valuation and has rejected a number of bids for Guehi.
However꧒, according to the Daily Mail’s Sami Mokbel, things are now moving in the right direction for Newcastle with Guehi.
Taking to X to update the situatio🏅n, Mokbel has said that there is now an expectancy that Newcastle’s next bid will be accepted.
Guehi must be pushing for Newcastle move
After being made captain by Palace, you’d ass♎ume this one might have been dead in the water.
However, it does look like it’s a move Guehi hi🅺mself fancies and clearly, something must have been said at Selhurst Park.
- READ MORE: Dermot Gallagher ﷺshares whether Joelinton should’ve been sent off for Ne൩wcastle vs Bournemouth
Palace wil𒊎l, of course, land a huge fee for Gueh😼i and they’ll be able to reinvest that money in the squad if they have time before Friday.
For Newcastle, this ��is a statement signing and one which was very much෴ needed.
On🎐ce Sven Botman is back up to speed, there won’t be too many central defensive partnerships better in the league.