LIVE
...

Follow us on

Transfers

Fabrizio Romano provides latest update on Newcastle’s Anthony Gordon after Liverpool medical claims

Anthony Gordon has been a player on the lips of those at Liverpool this summer with Newcastle United enduring financial issues earlier this summer.

Eddie Howe‘s side were able to navigate ou🌠t of their PSR mess in June with the sales of Elliot Anderson and Yankꦑuba Minteh.

Newcastle will have hoped to avoid losing some of their brightest young talents but keeping hold of players like Anthony Gordon remained the priority.

A potential return to Merseyside has been tipped for Gordon with Liverpool showing a real interest in the England international.

Although Newcastle’s PSR scares may be behi𓆏nd them now, they coulꦺd still find themselves at risk of losing some of their top players before the end of the window.

Photo by MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Photo by MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images

What Fabrizio Romano has now said about Liverpool’s interest in Anthony Gordon

A new era at Anfield is being ꧟promised following the departure of Jurgen Klopp at the end of the 2023ꦡ/24 campaign.

Liverpool secured themselves victory over Arsenal on Wednesday nig🌼ht across the pond in what will be a major boost of confidence for the fans.

However, the Reds have been really quiet i𓆉n ﷺthe transfer window this summer with no new signings having come through the doors yet.

What this summer could⛎ really do with is a statement signing for ♎Liverpool to give them a fresh lease of life going into the new campaign.

Ac🅠cording to , Liverpool’s interest in Gordo🌞n remains 100% true even beyond Newcastle’s PSR deadline.

“I’m receiving lots of questions on Anthony Gordon guys, but I w𝓰as only told that Liverpool discussed several potential swap deals in June, not the specific values that have been mentioned elsewhere in the media,” said Romano.

“I don’t have confirmation on the numbers being✨ talked about but, for sure Liverpool wanted Gordon and they remain interested in the player, considering him an excellent winger.

“Let’s see what Liver𓂃pool will do this month, but appreciation for Gordon remains; I’m 100% sure of that.”

What Amanda Staveley recent said about Newcastle potentially selling Anthony Gordon

Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley has recently departed the Toon haꦓving se💞en her six per cent shares in the club purchased by the other parties.

However, the woman who orchestrated the Saudi takeover on Tyneside remained in her role to overse🍬e the club past their PSR deadline in June.

Since departing the club, Staveley ꦦhas shared her real fears about Newcastle potentially losing the likes of Gordon and Alexander Isak.

“My biggest concern was that weꦓ’d lose Alex (Isak) or Anthony (Gordon) because Liverpool chased him and both are extraordinary p🍸layers,” Staveley said.

“Negotiating is toꦕugh because you have to pretend it means nothing to you when it means everything.꧅”