LIVE
...

Follow us on

Exclusives

Lloyd Kelly set to leave Newcastle United for Juventus with other players also targeted on deadline day

TBR Football exclusively understands that Eddie Howe is far from happy at Newcastle United as a result of the players who could leave the club in the coming days.

Newcastle have now agreed a loan deal with Juventus for defender Lloyd Kelly, who Howe🐟 recruited as a free agent in the summer, a pair who worked together at Bournemouth.

𓄧Howe has not wanted to lose any player at St James’ Park this month, knowing that the club were not planning to bring anyone in.

The Englishman wanted to sign two players in an ideal world, but 🍎Newcastle told Howe not to expect any new recruits, news that TBR shared in December.

꧋Therefore, Howe has successfully battled to keep Martin Dubravka at the club, who’s recently rolled back the years with some of his performances when filling in for Nick Pope.

𝓡However, Miguel Almiron has moved to Atalanta United and now Kelly is set to depart to Juventus.

Eddie Howe frustrated as Lloyd Kelly travels for his Juventus medical

TBR Football chief correspondent Graeme Bailey🦄 understands that Kelly is booked in on Sunday for his medical in Turin.

🌼Kelly will join Juventus on an initial loan deal with a £15m obligation included – half the sum Newcastle were asking for earlier in the week.

Photo by Ed Sykes/Sportsphoto/Allstar via Getty Images
Photo by Ed Sykes/Sportsphoto/Allstar via Getty Images

READ MORE: 🀅£76m bonanza may be just the start for Newcastle as PIF potentially days away from game-changing moment

💙Kelly has made it clear that he has been unhappy with his lack of minutes on Tyneside, leading to his quick exit.

Although, the bad news might not stop there for Howe, given that Paul Mitchell൩ is looking at more potential sales – Kelly might not be the only late departure from St James’ Park.

In addition to Kelly, Newcastle could lose two more defenders in the shape of Kieran Trippier and Matt Targett.

Kieran Trippier and Matt Targett could also leave Newcastle

🌠Galatasaray have held talks and want to sign Trippier, but Howe is fighting to keep the defender who he does not believe should be allowed to leave.

💫On his part, Trippier wants the move, a 34-year-old who has often been on the bench this season.

🌃Targett remains a target for the MLS, and the left-back could leave after Monday’s transfer deadline due to the stateside window remaining open.

And to further demonstrate Howe’s frustrations, Sean Longstaff🍰 is only set to stay at Newcastle because he said not to Everton.

ಞAs stated, Howe doesn’t want any of the names mentioned to leave, concluding that his squad is only getting weaker.

Howe is expected to secure European football🧜 this season, but his task isn’t being helped by the January transfer window, when he actually wanted to strengthen his squad.