
News
Ange Postecoglou says £15m Tottenham player picked up an injury vs Sheffield United
Ange Postecoglou has confirmed that one Tottenham Hotspur player picked up an injury on the final day of the season.
Spurs secured a fifth-place finish in the Premier League🎶 thanks to a 3-0 victory at Bramall Lane on Sunday.
Dejan Kulusevski was at the double while Pedro Porro popped up with a stunning strike to secure Tottenham’s spot in the Europa League next term.
But Tottenham’s season isn’t done just yet, with Ange Postecoglouꦫ’s men set to play Newcastle United in a friendly in Melbourne tomorrow.
Spurs their 24-man squad for the trip to Australia yesterday and there were a couple of notable absentees in Cristian Romero and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Postecoglou confirms Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg injury
𒐪The Spurs boss faced the media on Tuesday morning ahead of his side’s friendly at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
꧂Journalist Alasdair Gold has relayed Postecoglou’s comments on , who provided an update on Romero and Hojbjerg.
ꦡThe latter picked up a knock in the victory at Sheffield United while Romero has returned to Argentina for ‘personal reasons’.
💟“Cuti for personal reasons, he’s got to fly back to Argentina,” Postecoglou said. “So we kind of knew that, some personal reasons.
🃏“Pierre had an injury going into the last game and was kind of touch and go and after the game pulled up sore. Again because we were getting straight on a flight, it just didn’t make any sense to bring guys like that along.
🌄“Everyone else got through it unscathed from the weekend so we’ll have a full compliment from the squad we took away and some young players as well and we’ll, if we can, get them some game time.”
READ MORE: ඣTottenham hierarchy now divided over whether to sell one player if they receive bid this summer

Hojbjerg set to leave Tottenham this summer
൲The Dane has found himself down the pecking order under Postecoglou this term, managing just eight starts in the Premier League.
ꦺAfter making the switch to north London for back in the summer of 2020, he was previously a key man during Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte’s tenures.
𒁃But with his deal set to expire next summer, he looks likely to head out the door over the coming weeks.
Hojbjerg admitted in March that he 𝓀hasn’t been satisfied with his playing time under Postecoglou this term. With Tottenham looking to bolster their options in midfield, the 28-year-old has reportedly been offered to AC Milan already.